2018 Epic Rides Powered By Performance Bicycle
|3/17/18||Angels and Demons||80 mi||2,800 ft||Route | Details | Register|
|4/14/18||Upper Big T with Mt Wilson||74 mi||8,400 ft||Route | Details | Register|
|5/13/18||Tour of Los Angeles||100 mi||2,500 ft||Route | Details | Register|
|5/26/18||Heart of San Francisco||42 mi||2,700 ft||Route | Details | Register|
|6/9/18||Great Western Loop & Honey Springs||58 mi||6,000 ft||Route | Details | Register|
|7/4/18||Baldy Beast||60 mi||6,300 ft||Route (with Lifts) | Details | Register|
|7/21/18||Lake Tahoe Treat||73 mi||4,200 ft||Route | Details | Register|
|9/1/18||Malibu Magnificent||97 mi||7,800 ft||Route |
Details | Register
2018 Epic Rides Powered By Velofix and Performance Bicycles are bigger, better, and more EPIC! These rides take us all over the Golden State; from the beautiful coastlines to the rugged mountains and everything in between. Each of our 7 California Chapters, including Sacramento and San Francisco, offered up a favorite route and will be hosting an Epic Ride. 2018 will feature both classic routes and exciting new destinations, 8 rides in all that will challenge and reward you!
- What’s Included: All Epic Rides include a ride leader and SAG support with route cards, mobile mechanical assistance and water/hydration and nutrition stops, as well as photographers along the route (with photos posted for free after the ride).
- Cost: We charge a nominal $10 registration fee to help cover costs and discourage no-shows.
- Space is Limited: All rides have limited capacity and capped attendance. Register early! If your plans change, please un-RSVP to open up a spot for someone else.
- Jersey Requirement: A Cal Tri top or jersey is required for all Epic Rides. It helps with ride safety and keeping track of who is on our ride, allows our photographers to find you, and shows team pride. Be sure to take advantage of the current team kit order from Voler, who makes our gear available for the lowest prices in the industry. Plan ahead to ensure your jersey arrives in time.
- Ability/Fitness: Don’t be intimidated by the Epic-ness of the rides! We offer training plans and coaching support to get you ready for an Epic Ride in 6-8 weeks. We will have multiple pace groups, and most routes include shorter options for riders who want less of the distance and climbing.
- Group Riding: If you’ve never ridden in a group before, you won’t believe how much fun it is. Please familiarize yourself with group riding etiquette.
- Volunteer: Our rides would not be possible without the support of Cal Tri members who volunteer their time so that others can have a great day. Please be sure to thank them early & often. Every ride needs volunteer SAG Drivers and Photographers. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Howard. Epic Ride Volunteers get a year’s worth of Epic Rides for free!