2017 Inaugural GRAND PRIX USA Summit
The purpose of the weekend is for grassroots race directors to participate in an organized industry round table and network with their peers and industry leaders. The weekend also includes the option of competing in Trick or Tri, California Triathlon’s home race in the beautiful Los Angeles. Our goal is to gather race directors together in an effort to help independent 70.3 races thrive- and have some fun racing together!
The GRAND PRIX Summit is primarily for independent race directors who operate 70.3 mile distance races. Our research shows that 1H17 WTC 70.3 mile finishers were down 10% year over year and grassroots races are experiencing a 20% decline. Learn how nimble race directors are adapting and growing their businesses in an environment where flat is the new up.
The Grand Prix Race Director Summit will include a collection of race directors from around the country.
- Guest speakers include:
- Steve Tomboni, Owner, American Multisport
- Thom Richmond, President & Founder, California Triathlon
- David Babson, Founder, RaceReach
- Ben Collins, Pro Triathlete & USAT Board of Directors
- Round table conversations on best practices in the space
- Workshops around social media marketing, sponsorships, & charities
- Your opportunity to guide the direction of the GRAND PRIX USA, a national assortment of affordable grassroots 70.3 distance races accessible around the country
Join us Sat, Oct 28 and enjoy a comp entry at 2017 Trick or Tri. Enjoying racing for a change! Then the 2017 GRAND PRIX USA Summit on Sun, Oct 29 which convenes from 8 am- 1 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, Arcadia. Registration is $17.76 and include lunch, a loaded SWAG bag and the comp race entry. We keep costs low and conversation high!