Zwift Price Increase?

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Zwift Price Increase?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Kim Degen 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Sara Clifford Randolph
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 77

Any other Zwifters get this email today stating that they will be increasing their monthly fee from $10 to $14.99? $10 a month didn’t seem too bad but $14.99 a month has me thinking twice …. especially since I don’t use Zwift for training plans and thinking if I want to get in some “gameplay”, I’ll challenge my teenagers to a game of Mario Cart on the Switch.

I’m sure there are other options out there for a cheaper price.

So much for keeping things affordable 🙂

We have come a long way with Zwift since the beta release, and we have some exciting things planned for the upcoming season. We just rolled out our lush new Mayan Ruins expansion of Watopia—currently my favorite stretch of road on Zwift—and we recently began piloting Group Workouts, which marry the social fun and motivation of group rides with the targeted training benefits of workouts—try one and let us know what you think. You’ll see even more events to choose from and new training plans are being added to our library. But we have so much more that we hope to deliver to you: new gameplay features, more maps and expansions to existing maps, improved social riding experiences, better guidance in reaching your training and fitness goals. The list goes on, and on.

The team too has grown. Every day we work at building the team that can bring you an awesome and constantly improving experience to help you improve your cycling performance and achieve your fitness goals. From a scrappy little team that could all fit around a table and share a meal, Zwift’s staff has grown to over a hundred people including programmers, artists, designers, testers, community managers, coaches, marketers, and an awesome support staff working to help Zwifters when they have questions.

In order to continue to make Zwift bigger, better and more beautiful, we are updating our membership price to $14.99 per month, effective today. As a way of saying thank you, however, to the awesome Zwifters who helped us get here, your pricing will not change for one year. If you happen to suspend your membership during this period and come back, you can still enjoy your current pricing level.

Facebook Profile photo
      Thom
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 202

They surveyed users a while ago relative to price and the results must have come back favorably. You would think that they would be getting more revenue and profit from the increase in overall users. It just depends on the competition out there and my guess is a lot of people will be looking to find a more affordable alternative.

Relative to the product build, I am ambivalent relative to all the new worlds. If they poured a lot of money into that it was lost on me.

Facebook Profile photo
        Michael H
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 31

I plan on riding out (no pun intended, haha!) the $9.99 pricing for the year and see what develops.

The Zwift platform works good for me, very easy to use on an iPad Pro and Wahoo Snap smart trainer. But the price increase will drive some folks away, and competition tends to be a good thing in these matters IMHO.

Facebook Profile photo
          Megan Severa
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 4

Rouvy (by the people who make CycleOps trainers) is a similar concept as Zwift. Their pricing seems to be around $10/month, so that might be another option worth looking into.

Facebook Profile photo
            Kim Degen
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 135

I’m going to guess with the price increase they are going to see more people ‘turn off’ their account during the season and only pay/use during the off-season. Since it’s only $10, I just left my account active during the summer even though I may have only ridden once or twice but that won’t be the case going forward.

I would love to see some more competition in this space with actual courses from races like Tour de France or Kona.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.