Wildflower Returns Under New Management

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Wildflower Returns Under New Management

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Seth Rose 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Thom
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 199

Wildflower Returns Under New Management

This snippet looks like another company looking at the very high end of the market.

Motiv also seeks to add more local flavor to events—think bringing some of the wine from nearby Paso Robles to the Wildflower campground for a tasting, or possibly starting up a glamping service, where your tent and meals will be prepped for you.

Ironman 70.3 St. George is the same weekend and was $50 cheaper for launch. Ironman Santa Rosa is the following weekend as well as the start of the Tour of California.

Does anyone have insight on whether the camping prices will go up that weekend compared to normal pricing?

Facebook Profile photo
      Anthony Grey
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 53

Wildflower’s legacy as triathlon’s “Woodstock” oddly justaposed with “glamping.” Gentrification anyone?

Facebook Profile photo
        Thom
        Keymaster
        • Total Posts: 199

A big part is the camping. Groups had to get up there a week in advance. They would mark their area by laying tents too and fro. Can anyone remind me what the cost was each night for parking? I seem to remember $60/night so if you stayed for 3 days that was $180. Those prices were a lot higher than if you went up on a regular weekend.

Until they release the logistics details probably a good idea to hold off.

I remember hearing that 3,000 athletes used to be the breakeven point for Wildflower. It will be interesting to see if they can run the race on less because the last couple of years there were 1800 – 2000 and that wasn’t just due to water.

Facebook Profile photo
          Seth Rose
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 2

I don’t remember pricing for campsites. I went solo my 1st time a couple years ago, and stayed in King City then drove up the morning of. My buddies got discounts, I believe, for being on a collegiate team at the time. They also have discounts for tri clubs. In the past, LA Tri Club has a site, but I can’t verify that they received cheaper campsite rates, or just reserved sites. Cal should get a group together and see about getting discounted campsites?!

I just signed up yesterday for WF18, and I plan on camping regardless. Let’s see who else can go!!!

Seth Rose

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.