When Can Lava Pants Be Used

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion When Can Lava Pants Be Used

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Michael H 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Thom
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 169

Lava Pants

LAVA PANTS are completely legal under the new rules set by USAT and WTC when wetsuits are legal. LAVA PANTS are a wetsuit and can only be worn in races that permit wetsuits.

Facebook Profile photo
      Kim Degen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 118

Love my lava pants! I’ve used them a ton in the pool (much better option than a pull buoy) as well as open water. I chose to use them for Boulder last year and they worked great to help ensure no added stress on my shoulders. Plus my transition time was super fast because I didn’t have to work so hard to get my traditional wet suit off. 🙂

If you do use them in the pool, make sure to rinse them off after each use.

Facebook Profile photo
        Anthony Grey
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 46

I’ve worn them in a few races from Olympic to half distance, in situations where the water temperature was pushing the upper end of the wetsuit legal cutoff (though still wetsuit legal). I liked having the complete freedom of movement in the upper body/shoulders while still enjoying the buoyancy at the hips to support a streamlined position and more efficient kick. And I’ve never had faster transitions.

Facebook Profile photo
          Michael H
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 19

Do you folks find the sizing on the Lava Pants tracks their wetsuit sizing?

I’m a Large in the wetsuits, but the sizing chart on the website says I might be a Medium.

Wetsuits tend to loosen up in the water…hmmm.

Facebook Profile photo
              Michael H
              Participant
              • Total Posts: 19

In case anyone is wondering about sizing, I emailed Xterra and they said “Follow the chart and get Medium”.

So there you go!! 👍

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.