What do you do with your race medals and bibs?

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion What do you do with your race medals and bibs?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Marc Geraldez 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    David Chen
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 6

I have accumulated a drawer full of finisher medals and bibs over the years but I would like to display them somehow. Looking for inspiration. How do you display your medals and bibs? Do you have a drawer full of them like me?

Facebook Profile photo
      Erik Geierman
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

I pin the bibs onto a wall, write the time of each race on the bib w/ a sharpie, then hang the medal from one of the pins.

Facebook Profile photo
        Thom
        Keymaster
        • Total Posts: 237

Medals4Mettle

Medals4Mettle (M4M) is a non-profit organization that facilitates the gifting of marathon, half marathon, and triathlon finishers’ medals. Runners from around the world give their hard earned medals to Medals4Mettle. Our worldwide network of physicians and volunteers then awards these medals attached to a Medals4Mettle ribbon to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses who might not be able to run a race, but are in a race of their own just to continue to live their life

Facebook Profile photo
            Jen Gonzales
            Participant

Glad you posted this about donating. I couldn’t remember the name of the organization to donate too, and all of mine are in shoe boxes under my bed. Except for a few bragging ones hung up at work, of course.

Facebook Profile photo
            Anthony Grey
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 58

There are many different medal racks, bib portfolios & frames, etc. that you can order. You can search for these on Amazon (don’t forget to use AmazonSmile and designate California Triathlon as your charity so Cal Tri can receive a very small percentage from each purchase). There are also a number of different specialty sites like goneforarun, and typically most larger race expos will have someone there selling these kinds of things. You can find racks and stands with all kinds of different themes (triathlon, running, marathons). If you want to hang your medals, any kind of hat rack will do the job. This is what mine looks like:

Of course I can only display 15 or so before it starts to look really messy, so I have to pick and choose my most meaningful or most recent, and then I still have a shoebox full of all of the other medals that didn’t make the cut.

Fun fact: Swimmer David Walters says he keeps his 2008 Olympic Gold Medal in a sock drawer.

Facebook Profile photo
              David Chen
              Participant

Thom, Medals4Mettle sounds like a wonderful idea. I will do that. Thank you.

Marc Geraldez
                Keymaster
                • Total Posts: 13

I have a pegboard in my garage and have all my medals hanging. I’ll try to take a pic and attach it later.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.