USAT Rules – Unable To Find Body Marking As Required

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion USAT Rules – Unable To Find Body Marking As Required

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo carlos roque 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Thom
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 196

Does this mean I can save another 5 minutes on race morning? Who is going to tell the TriTats people?

Facebook Profile photo
      Kim Degen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 128

Probably not. 🙂 I don’t mind spending the 5 minutes to get marked up in the morning. It’s the 5 hours of scrubbing to get the numbers off later in the day that drives me nuts.

Facebook Profile photo
        Sara Clifford Randolph
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 71

Use a dab of suntan lotion and rub it over the sharpie marker numbers. Comes off quickly…. but you have to wonder about what’s in the suntan lotion that can remove sharpie marker 🙂

Facebook Profile photo
          Thom
          Keymaster
          • Total Posts: 196

I was at a race recently that had a dozen body markers and 3 people at registration. Since body marking is not required you would think that priority would be getting athletes checked into the race.

Facebook Profile photo
            carlos roque
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 2

Fron an official’s point of view (im a former USAT an ITU official) body marking is useless, you really cant see the numbers on an athlete’s body riding at 25 mph, or swimming (especially if wearing a wetsuit…. doh!!!). Oficials can only rely on bib numbers on the run and bike frame numbers during the cycling leg. Helmet numbers are ONLY for the photographer. Body marking is only a sentimental old time tradition now (even if the race director or USAT tell you is for officiating purposes… IT IS NOT)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.