St George 70.3 Roll Call

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion St George 70.3 Roll Call

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Kim Degen 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Robert C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 17

Who all is going? Friday meet up at the Athlete Expo? Are you ready?

Any sage advice from St George 70.3 veterans?

My training is feels a little underwhelming. I got a couple more weekends to get in some solid brick workouts with elevation. I am pretty confident in my swim skills, but nervous of never have swam in such a massive age group start.

My goal is 5:30, although realistically I will most likely be in the 6-6:15 range.

Facebook Profile photo
      Kim Degen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 71

Good Luck Robert!

I’ll be there again and I’m just hoping to survive this year. Unfortunately I don’t feel as prepared this year as last and I’m really hoping the weather isn’t as crazy this year.

Some advice:
        1. Cheap Flip flops and an old sweatshirt to wear while waiting for your wave. If you are lucky and in the first few waves, you probably don’t need the sweatshirt but flip flops are a must since the walk down to the water is pretty rocky.
        2. St. George has delivered nothing but extremes when I’ve raced…extreme heat and cold…so make sure you pack all your gear. Last year it looked like it was going to be cooler than the normal extreme heat but the weather turned nasty with rain, snow/sleet/hail and very cold temperatures.
        3. Don’t blow by the aid station right before the Snow Canyon climb. Make sure you grab water/Gatorade and/or any nutrition you may need especially if it’s hot. You don’t want to run out of hydration climbing Snow Canyon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.