Setup Events – Hear Great Things – 1st Races This Year. School me…

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Setup Events – Hear Great Things – 1st Races This Year. School me…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Thom 2 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Thom
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 95

Setup Events is the biggest race director in the Southeast. I am going to be doing a lot of their races this year. They have a great reputation. If you have done their races tell me which ones and any pro tips on making the weekend superior.

Facebook Profile photo
      Thom
      Keymaster

Setup Events Website

My first race is April 22 – White Lake Spring Half in White Lake, NC. Anyone ever done that race?

Facebook Profile photo
        Thom
        Keymaster

NC Race Focus

The swim sounds delightful…

White Lake (Sprint & Half):

White Lake veterans probably talk about two things; how awesome the swim is and how HOT White Lake can get sometimes. As far as the swim is concerned, it just doesn’t get any better than White Lake. For years we’ve told people who are entering the sport of triathlon that in your development, do a pool swim race first and then do White Lake as your first open water swim race.

And as far as the heat is concerned, since the race was moved to mid-late April several years ago, the heat hasn’t been a huge issue. White Lake remains a special place to race and now that Hwy 53 has been re-paved, the final 20 miles of the Half bike course will be on nice new smooth pavement.

Facebook Profile photo
          Thom
          Keymaster

It is race week. Who is racing at White Lake Saturday?

Facebook Profile photo
            Ben Vanmarcke
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 2

Aren’t Setup Events the guys that organize Savageman? I have only one bucket list race, and that’s Savageman. Which other race has a climb so steep, that if you make it to the top without crashing or setting a foot on the ground, your name gets engraved in a brick, which becomes part of the road before next year’s race? Totally badass.

Edit – I might be confusing Setup Events with Beach To Battleship (now IM North Carolina) but that also had a great reputation.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 4 hours ago by Facebook Profile photo Ben Vanmarcke.
              Facebook Profile photo
              Thom
              Keymaster

Hey Ben! Virginia Maryland does Savageman. Setup used to do B2B before it became IMNC for 1 year and then was discontinued. Savageman has the 30% hill. There are some great videos online.

I am doing 2018 Auburn with 6600′ of elevation on the bike and 1200′ on the run. Not sure which is “worse”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.