San Francisco Swim Workouts?

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion San Francisco Swim Workouts?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  urs 6 days, 19 hours ago.

• Author

urs
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 26

I will be in SF for work and am looking for a friendly swim workout early Tues/Weds/Thurs morning, first week of December. (6 am or earlier) Any SF CalTri swimmers belong to local masters groups you like? Thanks!

Facebook Profile photo
      Sara Clifford Randolph
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 77

I’m not sure where you will be staying in the SF area or if you will have a car but Walnut Creek has a Master’s Program and they swim at the Heather Farms Pool. I’m pretty sure they have a group that swims at 5:30am. I don’t know what their drop-in policy is but here’s the website for the pool: http://www.ci.walnut-creek.ca.us/aquatics

I’ll be swimming this week in Vallejo on Tuesday and Friday at 5:30am. I’ve got some a fun set of 1k repeats on both days (SCY) but am happy to swim a little extra 🙂 The swimming in Vallejo is just open swim, no masters workout. It’s open from 5:30am to 7am.

Concord Community Pool (Cowell Pool) is open on Tues/Thur at 6am and Monday, Wed, Friday at 6am. No masters swim at that time but LCM or SCY is available at those times.

I’m not familiar with the City of San Fran pools so hopefully someone else can post some additional info here.

urs
        Keymaster

Thank you so much, that’s great! I’m in SF Financial District. I think Vallejo is too far to get back in time for work, but I really appreciate the offer & hope we can do it on another trip?

Facebook Profile photo
          Drew Lavey
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 1

I use this link to find pools and Masters groups when I travel. https://www.usms.org/placswim/

Best of Luck

Facebook Profile photo
            Sara Clifford Randolph
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 77

I have also looked up YMCA locations when I travel — some YMCA’s have FREE day passes on their local website or a multi-day rate that’s pretty reasonable.

urs – we’ll definitely find another time to meet up in the Bay Area!

urs
              Keymaster

Sara, you hit the nail on the head. Thank you, and thanks Drew also, for your help. I ended up at the very friendly YMCA Masters workout @ the Embarcadero. + huge breakfast egg sandwich @ Ferry Building afterward!!! I am pondering doing the Alcatraz Centurions swim in October next year, so will see you then if we don’t get to swim together sooner.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.