Running Pack Suggestions?

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Running Pack Suggestions?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Michael H 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Harrison Shao
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 20

Anyone using a running pack? I think it maybe a good idea for me to carry a cell phone/id/credit card on the trails.

Facebook Profile photo
      Kim Degen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 129

I use the Ultimate Direction Wink (For men, it’s the Wasp) for my trail runs and really long road runs too. It holds 70 oz of fluids and there are lots of pockets to carry just about anything you need. They have a ton of other packs to choose from as well. If you decide to get a pack from Ultimate Direction, I recommend shopping around since the web site tends to sell them for a higher price than Amazon or other stores.

https://ultimatedirection.com/hydration-packs/

Facebook Profile photo
        Anthony Grey
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 53

I picked up a FlipBelt a couple of years ago and it has served me very well on pretty much all of my non-track runs (and you know how much I run). It easily holds the essentials (keys, phone, credit card, cash) and keeps everything very snug and tight against your body so there’s no bouncing or jangling. Perfect for the small stuff, though it’s not going to help you carry water or fluids.

On race days it’s a great way to carry several gels, shot blocks, salt, small tubes of sunscreen and vaseline… just about anything small you might need to make it through a marathon. You can also pin your bib to it and avoid putting holes in your favorite running singlet.

I bought mine at Brookstone. They sell it on Amazon as well, and I see them at just about every big marathon or half-marathon expo.

Facebook Profile photo
          Sheila McCarthy
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 3

Did you try your local running store so you can check things out in person? There are so many products available depending on length of run, what you want to carry, how to carry it: hand, wrist, belt, pack, etc. It’s important that it fits well on your body. I always pick the brains of the people at the running store, because they can tell me things I’d never find out otherwise — about the brand, feedback from customers, their personal favorites. I’m obsessed with carrying water on every run, so I tend to buy hand bottles with a large enough pocket for phone, keys, lip moisturizer, Kleenex, etc. For longer runs I use a 70 oz. Nathan hydration pack that can hold a ton of stuff if I need it to. I’ve noticed that right now there’s a great selection of lightweight hydration vests from different brands, in all kids of configurations. My husband uses a FlipBelt when he absolutely has to carry something on him, and he likes it a lot.

Facebook Profile photo
            Michael H
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 30

Amphipod Profile-Lite Breeze for me. Absolutely doesn’t bounce or shift around. Extremely light. You can add more bottles, etc if needed for longer and/or hotter runs.

http://www.amphipod.com/products/hydration/profile-lite-breeze

On-sale right now at Trisports going-out-of-business sale (all sales final of course):

http://www.trisports.com/amphipod-profile-lite-breeze-hydration-pack.html

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Facebook Profile photo Michael H.
              • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Facebook Profile photo Michael H.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.