Maffetone Method?

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Maffetone Method?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Mark Keskes 1 week ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Mark Keskes
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 14

My season is over, and I am planning for next year for myself and the chapter. I’ve learned a ton this year, so thank you to our members and the posters in our forum, especially our other chapter leads and coaches. I’ve become a better student of the sport and have been reading some of Dr. Phil Maffetone’s work. We link to him in our Training Plan‘s tab under the 180 Method link.

So I am setting up a “base period” over the next few months to make gains in cardiovascular fitness. His methods fly in the face of every gym teacher, drill sergeant, coach, and a lot of literature that I have read. But his having trained a 6-time Ironman Kona champion to win has me looking seriously at his methods.

Does anyone else use his techniques? What are the thoughts and opinions of our tribe of “going slow to go fast”? From what I’ve read it definitely has me respecting the time for base training a lot more.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.