Epic Ride #3 — Tour of Los Angeles

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Epic Ride #3 — Tour of Los Angeles

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marc Geraldez 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Howard Nemetz
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 6

What makes an Epic Ride epic? It’s not the route. It’s not the ease or difficulty of the stage. It’s not the length. It’s the epic riders who make an Epic Ride epic. Today was an epic day. Thirty two riders signed up. Six showed up. We got lost a couple of times, because despite the fact that the ride leader told everyone to download the route to their bike computers, the ride leader forgot to download the route to his bike computer (if you know of any Mensa meetings coming up, let me know; they might need a janitor). But since the goal was to ride around Los Angeles, that’s what we did.

The six of us, Drew Lavey, Greg Gelfand, John Barker, David Chen, Yuki Kashiwabara, and I stayed together through the first two SAG stops — big thanks to Mark McFadden, who gave his chance to ride in order to volunteer; and as much fun as it is to drive a six year old Toyota Highlander, it’s no riding a bicycle. Then David peeled off to head home — he had already ridden to Long Beach from Pasadena, and didn’t feel like putting a thousand mile day. Then Greg and Yuki fell behind and eventually rode back to Long Beach in the SAG wagon after seventy-five miles. Drew, John and I continued on until we lost John somewhere in a park in Long Beach. Drew and I stopped to watch some of the Tour of California, then headed back to Performance Bike in Long Beach, where we met up with John, who had also stopped to watch some of the race.

All in all, it was a great ride. I hope we do it again next year, NOT on Mother’s Day. And I hope if we only get six people showing up for that one, it’s these six.

Howard Nemetz
      Epic Ride Dude

Facebook Profile photo
      shainLA
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10

great re-cap. now perhaps put your bike away for a day and get reacquainted with your family.

🙂

Marc Geraldez
        Keymaster
        • Total Posts: 13

Thanks for the recap! It sure sounded like a lot of fun. I also hope it’s not held on Mother’s Day again next year 🙂

Marc Geraldez
          Keymaster
          • Total Posts: 13

Thanks for the recap! It sure sounded like a lot of fun. I also hope it’s not held on Mother’s Day again next year 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.