Biking Shoes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Sheila McCarthy 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Monica Lee
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 17

Any suggestions on triathlon biking shoes?

Facebook Profile photo
      Kim Degen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 121

I liked my Pearl Izumi Tri Fly shoes except they were a little too narrow for my feet but they dried out really well and went on quickly.

About a year ago after not being able to find tri shoes that came in a wide size that would work for me, I decided comfort was better than a quicker T1 time and went back to wearing road bike shoes. I now wear Shimano SH-R321 shoes which can be custom fitted to your feet and come in a wide width. I lose a little time in T1 putting on socks and then these shoes but I would say I make that time up on the bike because my feet are happier and my T2 time is faster because I use the same socks for the bike and run.

Facebook Profile photo
        Jen Gonzales
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 4

Sidi shoes are a great brand for narrow feet. They are very supportive and last forever.

Facebook Profile photo
          Sheila McCarthy
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 3

I ended up buying Garneau Tri Evo from Performance Bike, and I’m very happy with them (I do sprint tris). My feet can be difficult to fit (so no online buying) and not many stores have tri biking shoes, let alone a selection, so after spending way too much time traveling around to tri-specific stores I was happy to find options at Performance Bike. The Garneaus fit well and were under $100. BTW, the staff at that bike shop (both Pasadena and Ontario) have won my loyalty with their knowledge, helpfulness and genuine niceness.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.