Asking for a Clydesdale: Best tires?

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion Asking for a Clydesdale: Best tires?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Mike Hoberg 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Mark K.
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 17

Good evening Cal Tri,

My tires need replacing and have served well. What brand/model of tires would you suggest for a clydesdale using a road bike?

Facebook Profile photo
      Thom
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 196

Continental 4000S. The key part there is the “S” at the end. You can find the best deals by searching for it on Google. I think Marie Dhane picked some up a couple months ago on the cheap.

Facebook Profile photo
        Marie Dhaine
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 11

I just purchased the continental tires a few weeks ago and I love them!
          I found a pretty good deal at the time on that website:http://www.chainreactioncycles.com

Facebook Profile photo
          David Chen
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 2

I use Continental 4-Seasons on my road bike. They get good grip and are puncture resistent even on dirt roads with lots of loose gravel.

Facebook Profile photo
            Michael H
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 28

If you decide to go tubeless, I love my Hutchinson Intensive 2 tires. Nice predicable handling and they wear like iron. They also go to 28c which is great for the ride quality. Really Plush.

Shop around of course…this is about as low as I’ve seen: https://www.bicyclebuys.com/hutchinson-intensive-2-tubeless-700×28-road-tire-black/0609219

Keep in mind that, unless you have disc brakes, running a wider (>23c) tire will make it harder to clear your rim brakes when removing your wheel.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Facebook Profile photo Michael H.
              • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Facebook Profile photo Michael H.
              Facebook Profile photo
              Mike Hoberg
              Participant
              • Total Posts: 1

I’ve had great luck with Continental Gatorskins and Michelin Airstop (butyl) tubes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.