AAA Assistance for Bikers

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion AAA Assistance for Bikers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Kim Degen 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Kim Degen
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 148

If you have AAA service and you happen to run into problems on the bike (ran out of tubes, chain broke, etc.) on your next ride, you can call AAA for assistance. AAA will not fix your bike but they will pick you and your bike up and drive you to a location of your choosing. Your destination will be dictated by your AAA coverage though so your coverage may only allow for 5 miles of transportation or maybe 100.

One note of caution, this service is only to be used when your bike is broken. It does not cover if you are bonking though. In cases of fatigued riders, your best bet is still to call a friend, family member or Uber/Lyft.

Has anyone tried this service yet?

Facebook Profile photo
      Thom
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 214

So bonking occurs should I just put a screwdriver through my front tire?

Facebook Profile photo
        Kim Degen
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 148

I’m not sure how they are going to enforce the “no bonking” clause. If they are not going to try and fix anything then you could probably just let the air out of your tire.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.