90 Days Until Angels & Demons

Home Page California Triathlon Discussion 90 Days Until Angels & Demons

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Facebook Profile photo Thom 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Howard Nemetz
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 7

Our first epic ride is only three months away! What are you doing to prepare? Have you been/will you be riding with your fellow CalTriathletes? Have you tuned up your bike, checked your chain and tires? If you’re looking for a ride, check the calendar. If you don’t see one, email your chapter lead. I’m sure s/he’ll be happy to create a group ride. Les Borsay leads a ride out of the LA Zoo most Saturdays or Sundays. Marek Skoczen leads a ride in Malibu every Sunday, either along PCH or into the Santa Monica Mountains. And don’t just practice riding in a group. Practice eating and drinking while you’re riding. Remember, more than 75% of every triathlon is on the bike, so the more comfortable you are riding around other people and fueling yourself up as you go, the better a triathlete you’ll be. Thoughts?

Facebook Profile photo
      Kim Degen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 152

The OC Chapter has rides most weekends as well! 🙂 I am also still trying to get our Cal Tri ride back on Zwift too.

Don’t forget about the 8-week century training plan and bike workouts that are located on the website here. These are great resources for helping all of us to get stronger on the bike.

Facebook Profile photo
        Thom
        Keymaster
        • Total Posts: 237

I rode this 2x in 2017. 80 of some of the nicest miles in California. Make sure you register to go through Camp Pendleton.

Facebook Profile photo
          Kim Degen
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 152

The bike access form for Camp Pendleton needs to be completed every 365 days so I would recommend everyone completes it a few weeks before Angels & Demons to ensure there are no issues come the day of the ride. Here is the link to the access form…

https://mccscp.wufoo.com/forms/camp-pendleton-bike-route-access-form/

Facebook Profile photo
            Jen Gonzales
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 6

One of my favorite rides every year. Best SAG support and scenic views with so many riders to keep me company.

Facebook Profile photo
              Thom
              Keymaster
              • Total Posts: 237

CALIFORNIA TRIATHLON EPIC RIDES – ANGELS & DEMONS [Anaheim to Solana Beach]

Wrote an overview of the Angels & Demons ride. Enjoy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.