Cal Tri Events Announces 5 Races In 2019, Including The 2019 California Triathlon Youth Multisport Championships
LOS ANGELES, CA, January 1, 2019. Demonstrating its commitment to grow multisport in the communities it serves, Cal Tri Events will produce 5 SoCal events in 2019 that are affordable & accessible, athlete-friendly experiences for new and veteran athletes.
- 2019 UCLA IronBruin Triathlon - 2.23.19
- 2019 Viking Dash Trail Run LA Triathlon - 4.7.19
- 2019 Oxnard Triathlon - 9.29.19
- 2019 Trick or Tri Triathlon - 10.26.19
- 2019 Newport Dunes Triathlon - 11.3.19
2019 California Triathlon Youth Multisport Program. Through the selflessness of the California Triathlon membership and partnerships with generous public and private organizations we are actively addressing the needs of communities throughout the state. This includes program support in schools and colleges, youth specific coaching at all 30 Cal Tri Events clinics as well as youth inclusion into the 2018-2019 GRAND PRIX USA competition.
THE CAL TRI EVENTS DIFFERENCE
Affordable & Accessible
- Tiered Race Pricing. $60 sprint, $75 Olympic and $100 70.3 mile early bird options. No price increase for relays. Gradual tiered pricing through race capacity.
- No USAT Insurance Fees. The cost of insurance is included in the race pricing similar to run races and a growing number of races including the Life Time Tri Series.
- 22ANDUNDER 50% Discount. 50% off for athletes 7-22 with the 22ANDUNDER discount code.
- Single or Two Sport Options. Affordable SwimBike, SwimRun, Swim only, Run only options available. No bike? No problem. Bad knees? No problem? Nervous swimmer? No problem.
- VOGO - Volunteer One, Get One. Volunteer at one of our races and earn a free race entry to another race.
- 18 Hours Of Free Professional Coaching. Six monthly 3-hour coached clinics are scheduled per race led by professional coaches augmented by guest coaches including Olympic medalists and professional athletes.
- Rolling Swim Starts. Besides the advantages of avoiding the “washing machine” effect of a traditional wave start slower swimmers don’t have to fear contact from faster swimmers in later waves and vice versa. VIDEO
- Closed Bike Course. All of our races are closed to vehicles with the exception of 2019 Oxnard Triathlon.
- 2018-2019 GRAND PRIX USA Events. 2019 Trick or Tri Triathlon - 10.26.19 serves as the finale of the 2018-2019 GRAND PRIX USA. Age group athletes 7 and up compete for pride and prizes (over $10,000) to be awarded at a 11.2.19 end of season bash.
- Additional Creature Comforts.
- On-Site Camping/RV Options (select races)
- Complimentary pre race and race morning packet pickup
- Custom participant shirt and finisher’s medal
- Free race photos
- Beer Garden (select races)
“With the LA 2028 Summer Olympics quickly approaching it is the perfect opportunity to address some of the challenges of the communities our athletes call home while investing in the sports we love ”, says Thom Richmond, President, Cal Tri Events & California Triathlon. “It is a big commitment and a serious honor to be part of a team with the mission to make triathlon affordable, accessible and sustainable.”
To learn more about Cal Tri Events, click here.
California Triathlon is a 501(c)(3) charity that provides a premium no-fee membership to over 5,000 athletes worldwide. Our mission is to make the sport of triathlon affordable, accessible & sustainable by providing the resources, coaching and support needed for athletes to accomplish their goals. To learn more about California Triathlon, click here