California Triathlon is pleased to announce that it has signed The Law Firm of Richard Duquette to a long term, exclusive “Gold Level” sponsorship agreement. The agreement will positively serve the Triathlon community worldwide by promoting California Triathlon Mission Statement of affordable and accessible grass roots triathlon.
Richard Duquette has successfully represented injured triathletes and bicyclists for over thirty-four years. He has recovered millions of dollars and obtained justice for his clients both through settlements and after jury trials. For years, Mr. Duquette has consistently donated a portion of his winnings to various clubs and charities that promote the sport. Duquette’s unique and unparalleled legal work has had wide-ranging implications promoting bicycle and consumer safety. His legal bicycle rights articles have been widely published and can be found on his blog and weekly podcasts. Duquette is a two-time Ironman finisher who regularly competes in triathlons, bicycle, and mountain bike races. He is a graduate of the prestigious Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming and is “AV rated-Preeminent” by his peers. This agreement with California Triathlon highlights the far-reaching benefits to the triathlon and bicycling communities that comes from a joint effort among trial attorneys, clients, and organizations like Cal Tri whose benefits are listed below. Mr. Duquette may be contacted at www.911law.com.
California Triathlon’s mission is to make the sport of triathlon affordable, accessible, and sustainable. The 4,000 athletes worldwide enjoy the benefits of premium, no-fee membership that includes athlete resources, coaching, and support. Our contribution to the sport is systematically attacking the costs that have given triathlon the reputation as exclusive. Benefits include:
- FREE MEMBERSHIP: Making membership fees a thing of the past since our founding in 2010.
- S.P.R.I.N.T. 90 DAY PROGRAM: Beginner athletes receive no cost training plans, mentoring and access to USA Triathlon certified coaching.
- VOGO (VOLUNTEER ONE, GET ONE): Athletes volunteer at one race and earn a free future race.
- COACHING SCHOLARSHIPS: $500 awards for Cal Tri Chapter Leads that defray the cost of becoming a USAT coach.
- $75 CAL TRI KIT PROGRAM: High-quality Voler manufactured, custom garments at high-volume prices.
- EPIC RIDES: A SAG supported ride series for $5 to $10.
- GRAND PRIX USA & GRAND PRIX California: Partnerships with grassroots race directors who are “affordable & accessible” friendly.
Families, youth, recent college graduates with high debt, and fixed income seniors are just a few of the economic groups with whom Cal Tri has made significant inroads. Growth of 36% in 2016 is rare in a time when flat is the new up.
California Triathlon is only able to flourish because of the generous support of partners like the Law Firm of Richard L. Duquette, who recently became a California Triathlon Gold Level Sponsor.
For more information contact:
Thom Richmond, President California Triathlon
Richard Duquette, Attorney at Law