Not sure where to start or need a little help getting to the starting line? The nations largest triathlon team & Performance Bicycle have teamed up to provide a free 90 day triathlon coaching program.
- USA Triathlon Certified Coaches Direct The Program
- Mentor Support From Start to Finish - 10:1 Athlete to Mentor Ratio
- 12 Week Sprint or Olympic Training Plan
- 14 Week 70.3 Training Plan
- Online resources like Mentor Sara Randolph’s article What to Bring to a Triathlon
- Monthly Motivational & Special Topics Speakers
- California Triathlon & Performance Bike S.P.R.I.N.T. Diploma
- Includes A Premium No-Fee California Triathlon membership
- No Fundraising Requirements
WHO IS ON THE TEAM? Athletes are coached and guided by a combination of USA Triathlon Coaches & volunteer Mentors who have appropriate race experience. The Athletes are individuals with a passion to get triathlon race ready in 90 days.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? Free. Zip. Zilch. Nada. This supports Cal Tri’s mission is to build a sustainable community where athletes of all levels have easy & affordable access to the resources, coaching and support needed to accomplish their goals.
WHO CAN BE A MENTOR? Mentors have the opportunity to pass forward some hard won knowledge. We have Mentors that are professional Athletes, Kona qualifiers, as well as 2-3x racers. Mentors will serve as a resource for up to 10 Athletes per session. Mentors are required to be present for the Kickoff & Graduation events and be accessible to answer Athletes’ questions.
WHAT DO MENTORS RECEIVE? Besides sharing your love of triathlon with others, Mentors will be invited to special “Mentor Only” training and social events and receive SWAG to recognize your involvement.
HOW DO I REGISTER? Registration for S.P.R.I.N.T. program is now OPEN but is limited to 1000 participants for 2017.
WHAT DO ATHLETES NEED TO DO?
- Join the California Triathlon Team
- Register For The S.P.R.I.N.T. Program
- Purchase a “cap & gown” ~ California Triathlon kit - for race day [graduation]
- Upon purchase of Cal Tri kit (cap & gown) you will be assigned a mentor. What’s a kit? That’s the term used to describe the jersey and shorts, and feature the Cal Tri colors. For example, using the link above, you could purchase:
Together these equal a “California Trithalon Tri Kit”
- Engage and lean on your mentor for help and support
- Have a great attitude and be ready to surprise yourself
- Complete your diploma
- Pay it forward by volunteering in your community